Bekijk hieronder de yoga workshops en masterclasses die we in o.a. Amsterdam aanbieden.
Here you find all our yoga workshops and events
- This event has passed.
Ayurveda & Daily routine
27/05/2018 at 13:00-16:30
UNIQUE AYURVEDIC TRAINING FOR ALL LEVELS
Are you interested in the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda? Then this is the perfect opportunity to deepen your understanding.
I offer a 4 module program. Consisting of 4 unique workshops, each going into a specific subject. You don’t need to have any Ayurvedic knowledge to participate in the workshops.
Each module takes about 3 to 3,5 hours, consisting of theory and practice. Read more about each module below.
*The modules can also be followed seperately
Ayurveda & Daily routine
Date: Sunday May 27
Time: 14.00 – 17:30
With: Amber Jägers
In our high-tech and fast-paced Western society we experience many biological disruptions, like jet lags, artificial lights, working evening/night shifts etc. These disruptions make us humans to lose our connection with nature.
Ayurveda has always emphasized the need for a healthy biological rhythm. Nowadays also modern scientists recognize its importance. Disconnection from the natural rhythms of life has been linked to a variety of health problems, of which poor cognitive functioning, a decrease in performance and efficiency, mal digestion, sleeping disorders, depression, diabetes, excessive weight gain, heart diseases and even certain types of cancer.
During this workshop you will learn – and work with – a daily Ayurvedic ritual. This daily ritual – called Dinacharya – promotes your body and mind to reconnect to the rhythms of nature and therefore to resolve numerous complaints and prevent disease.
What are we going to do?
- The workshop consists of theory and practice. The theory part will take about 1,5 to 2 hours. We take a 30 min break and then we continue with practical yoga exercises.
- I start with an introduction about myself and give you a general understanding of Ayurveda: its origin, development and the basic principles of this ancient ‘Science of Life’. This introduction is part of every workshop.
- Human and nature: what is our connection, why is it so important and which health problems may occur when we disconnect from it?
- The three doshas and the rhythm of nature. You will learn how the doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha relate to the rhythms of each day and what is their influence on your body.
- We go into the Ayurvedic morning ritual – Dinacharya. You will learn several techniques to eliminate ama (toxic waste) from the body. This includes tongue scraping, oil pulling, nasya (for the nose), abhyanga (self-massage), yoga and pranayama.
- The morning ritual is most important, but we also look at how you can adjust the rest of your day to the natural rhythms: lunch break and evening ritual.
- Now it is time for you to work! You will take a look at your own daily ritual / routine: how can you integrate Dinacharya into your daily life? You are going to make your own Dinacharya.
- You get the chance to purchase Ayurvedic products, so that you can start working with your own Dinacharya at home!
BREAK: 30 min with a suitable ‘Dinacharya snack’
- Part of the Dinacharya are Yoga and Pranayama exercises. We will start with a simple series of Yoga and breathing exercises that could fit well into an Ayurvedic morning ritual.
- We conclude with a delicious savasana and you will go home with a calm mind & your own Dinacharya plan.
WHAT DO YOU TAKE OUT FROM THE Ayurvedic dinacharya workshoP?
- Ayurvedic knowledge
Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular in the West and even modern medicine is increasingly looking for remedies and solutions in Ayurveda. Yet there is often little understanding of this science. This is your chance to dive deeper into this ‘Science of Life’ and to learn the basics. Every workshop we dive deeper into the theory and highlight a different theme. If you follow the 4 workshops as training, you will have a good understanding of the most important principles within Ayurveda at the end of the ride.
- Gives self-insight
You gain insight into your own daily rhythm and to what extent you are in contact with the natural rhythms of the day. Change starts with acknowledgement.
- Restore your connection with nature!
This is your chance to boost your connection with nature! With the Ayurvedic wisdom you receive during this workshop you can take a closer look at your own rhythm and integrate the Dinacharya into your own day.
- Medication and prevention
A daily routine in which you remove toxic waste (ama) from the body and adjust your exercise, eating, and sleep routine to nature, not only eliminates many health problems, but also prevents disbalance from developing. Self-care = health-care!
- Getting started at home
You make your own Dinacharya plan and go home with your own Ayurvedic Dinacharya products. In other words, nothing stops you from putting your good intentions into practice.
This workshop is for everyone, prior knowledge of Ayurveda is not necessary.
Regular price: € 45.00. *
Price of members with valid lesson card: € 40.00 *
(max number of participants: 12)
* Combination advantage with other Ayurvedic workshop (s):
For those who want to get a broader understanding of all the basic principles of Ayurveda: the doshas, Vata – Pitta – Kapha – the gunas, ama and agni it is advisable to follow all 4 workshops as training. If you choose this you get a discount of 15%. If you choose to follow two of the four workshops you will receive a 10% discount on the total.
– Ayurveda & Detox: eliminate toxins from your system
– Ayurveda & Daily routine: Dinacharya – reconnect to the rhythms of nature
– Ayurveda & Stress release: calm your nervous system
– Ayurveda & Rejuvenation: nurture your vitality
Two workshops: 10% discount on the total of both (€ 80 regular price and € 72, – member price)
Four workshops: 15% discount on total (€ 153, – regular price and € 136, – member prize)
(check our general conditions about registration, payment and cancellation)
About the teacher:
Amber Jägers is certified Yoga teacher and teaches at several yoga studios in Amsterdam Hatha and Slow Flow classes. For over nine years she practices Yoga (Iyengar, Hatha), since 2015 she has also been teaching. Her teaching career started in Costa Rica, where is founded ‘Alma Yoga’ (www.almayoga.nl): a small Yoga school on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. There she teached daily to locals and tourists alike. After her return to Holland she specialized further in alignment and Yoga therapy.
Having lived in the bounty of the Cosa Rican jungle she combines her love for nature and Yoga by organizing Yoga retreats.
Besides this Amber studied to become a certified Ayurvedic therapist at Na’an Ayurveda Hengelo. She already completed courses on Ayurvedic Nutrition and Ayur-Yoga. With Ayur-Yoga Yoga becomes a tool to balance the doshas (bio-energoes) in the system.
With these four unique workshops she combines her passion for Yoga and Ayurveda. It is her aim to foster self knowledge and to empower you to balance your body, mind and energies as a basis for your (spiritual) development.
Her motto is:
“No one is you, and that is your power”