Bekijk hieronder de yoga workshops en masterclasses die we in o.a. Amsterdam aanbieden.
Here you find all our yoga workshops and events
- This event has passed.
Ayurveda & Stress Release – calm your nervous system
10/06/2018 at 13:00-16:30
UNIQUE AYURVEDIC TRAINING FOR ALL LEVELS
Are you interested in the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda? Then this is the perfect opportunity to deepen your understanding.
I offer a 4 module program. Consisting of 4 unique workshops, each going into a specific subject. You don’t need to have any Ayurvedic knowledge to participate in the workshops.
Each module takes about 3 to 3,5 hours, consisting of theory and practice. Read more about each module below.
*The modules can also be followed seperately
Date: Sunday June 10
Time: 13.00 – 16:30
With: Amber Jägers
Ayurveda & Stress Release: calm your nervous system
Many people suffer from chronic stress, which affects the digestive system, the nervous system, the hormone system and so on. From an Ayurvedic perspective, stress indicates that there is an increase in the bio-energy ‘Vata’ in the body. Vata consists of the elements of air and space. Too high ‘Vata’ causes an overactive nervous system: a restless feeling, anxiety, shallow breathing, irritation and bad sleep.
Ayurveda has a special but also very logical approach to stress. In this workshop you will learn how to bring the element of earth into your life and thereby calm your nervous system. We discuss the possibilities of nutrition, daily routine, herbs, massage and will work with a number of simple but very effective yoga and breathing exercises.
I am very happy to be able to give this workshop. At the end of 2014, I had a burnout myself. The insights I gained through Ayurveda helped me tremendously in my recovery and still help me find peace at times of stress.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?
- The workshop consists of theory and practice. The theory part will last about 1.5 to 2 hours. Then there is a 30 min break and then we start with practical exercises.
- I start with an introduction about myself and will then give a general explanation about Ayurveda: the origin, development and the basic principles of this age-old ‘Science of Life’. This introduction is part of every workshop.
- We discuss the basic principle of the three bio-energies (doshas): the managers of our body and mind
- We will go deeper into the dosha ‘Vata’: its function and how you can recognize Vata in your own physical body and in your mind
- What happens if Vata becomes unbalanced? You learn what effects an increased Vata has on your system, both physically and mentally.
- How do I balance Vata? How nutrition, certain herbs, daily routine and massages can help to lower Vata in the system.
- You will receive the most important advice on nutrition, herbs and routine.
BREAK: 30 min with an appropriate ‘stress-release snack’
- In support to the do’s and don’ts for lowering Vata, there are a number of very effective yoga postures (asanas) and pranayama (breathing exercises) that make the nervous system relax.
- I guide you through a stress release practice, which includes restorative postures, sleep yoga and soothing breathing exercises.
- You finish with a wonderful savasana and go home with a calm mind & relaxed body.
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE OUT OF THE AYURVEDIC STRESS RELEASE WORKSHOP?
- Ayurvedic knowledge
Ayurveda is becoming increasingly popular in the West and even modern medicine is increasingly looking for remedies and solutions in Ayurveda. Yet there is often little understanding of this science. This is your chance to dive deeper into this ‘Science of Life’ and to learn the basics.
Every workshop we dive deeper into the theory and highlight a different theme. If you follow the 4 workshops as training, you will have a good understanding of the most important principles within Ayurveda at the end of the ride.
- Gives self-insight
Ayurveda promotes self-insight. When you learn to see how the elements of Vata (space & air) come back into your body and mind you will understand the effect (karma) of certain foods, activities etc on your health.
- Is empowering
With the gained self-knowledge you know how to balance yourself by means of nutrition, daily routine, herbs and exercises. Ayurveda stands for the wisdom of life, this wisdom we all have in us. The more we become ‘in-tune’ with our nature, the easier and faster we can balance ourselves with everyday things.
- Get started at home
The most important do’s to lower Vata you will take home. Chronic stress is not solved with one workshop, but with the consistent application of the advice in your daily life you will soon see improvement. With this hand-out you can get started at home.
Deze workshop is voor iedereen, voorkennis van Ayurveda is niet nodig.
Reguliere prijs: €45,00.*
Prijs members met geldige leskaart: €40,00*
(max. aantal deelnemers: 12)
* Combination advantage with other Ayurvedic workshop (s):
For those who want to get a broader understanding of all the basic principles of Ayurveda: the doshas, Vata – Pitta – Kapha – the gunas, ama and agni it is advisable to follow all 4 workshops as training. If you choose this you get a discount of 15%. If you choose to follow two of the four workshops you will receive a 10% discount on the total.
– Ayurveda & Detox: eliminate toxins from your system
– Ayurveda & Daily routine: Dinacharya – reconnect to the rhythms of nature
– Ayurveda & Stress release: calm your nervous system
– Ayurveda & Rejuvenation: nurture your vitality
Two workshops: 10% discount on the total of both (€ 80 regular price and € 72, – member price)
Four workshops: 15% discount on total (€ 153, – regular price and € 136, – member prize)
Individual Ayurvedic consult
If you are interested in an individual Ayurvedic consultation after taking part in the workshop, then you can make an appointment with Amber. Participants receive a discount and pay only € 35, – instead of € 50, -. This consultation takes place in your or Amber her home and takes 45-60 minutes. During the consultation, Amber will evaluate your disbalance by discussing complaints and performing a tongue and wrist diagnosis. We also look at your daily diet. On the basis of the consultation you will receive nutritional advice that helps to correct the disbalance. In the case of chronic or severe complaints Amber can refer you to an Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor.
(check our general conditions about registration, payment and cancellation)
About the teacher:
Amber Jägers is certified Yoga teacher and teaches at several yoga studios in Amsterdam Hatha and Slow Flow classes. For over nine years she practices Yoga (Iyengar, Hatha), since 2015 she has also been teaching. Her teaching career started in Costa Rica, where is founded ‘Alma Yoga’ (www.almayoga.nl): a small Yoga school on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. There she teached daily to locals and tourists alike. After her return to Holland she specialized further in alignment and Yoga therapy.
Having lived in the bounty of the Cosa Rican jungle she combines her love for nature and Yoga by organizing Yoga retreats.
Besides this Amber studied to become a certified Ayurvedic therapist at Na’an Ayurveda Hengelo. She already completed courses on Ayurvedic Nutrition and Ayur-Yoga. With Ayur-Yoga Yoga becomes a tool to balance the doshas (bio-energoes) in the system.
With these four unique workshops she combines her passion for Yoga and Ayurveda. It is her aim to foster self knowledge and to empower you to balance your body, mind and energies as a basis for your (spiritual) development.
Her motto is:
“No one is you, and that is your power”