Bekijk hieronder de yoga workshops en masterclasses die we in o.a. Amsterdam aanbieden.
Here you find all our yoga workshops and events
- This event has passed.
Fast Forward : Mindfulness & Meditation in Yoga
10/06/2015 at 20:00-21:30€65,
Fast forward theme: Mindfulness in Yoga
Let your yoga practice grow with a four weeks course focused on one aspect of yoga.
Wednesday 20.00 – 21.30h
Serie of 4 classes.
Start: June 10 with Eveline Torres
Open to all levels
In four weeks we dive deeper into one of the pillars of yoga. This month we look at the effect of mindfulness and meditation (‘just sitting’) in Vijnana Yoga.
What to expect?
In this course Eveline gives clear explanation of what meditation / ‘just sitting’ is and how is effects body and mind.
- In a series of special meditation-practices you learn to quiet your mind.
- We use the vayu’s; breathing towards specific point in your body to center yourself.
- Then we do pranayama to calm the nervous system and energize the body.
- After that we do a dynamic flow of different asana’s. You will notice how the meditation and breathing will influence the quality of your movements. It enhances the focus and your concentration becomes refined and sharp.
- With this course you will get a handout with a short series of practices you can do at home.
About mindfulness and meditation in yoga
For centuries yoga has been connected with meditation. Eveline, specialized in Vijnana Yoga, follows the insights found by Orit Sen Gupta. She proposes the ‘just sitting’ meditation as a good way to meditate. There are no rituals, you needn’t do anything but sit and breath. The only matters you learn are about the posture of sitting and how your sitting is connected with your natural way of breathing. In this course you get acquainted with this ‘just sitting’. It is an interesting ‘technique’ which you can use any time and anywhere once you are familiar with it. As you will find out the meditation helps your yoga to become more enjoyable, stable and pleasant.
Eveline Torres is a teacher who does a lot of research and likes to share her knowledge with her yogi students. She often takes retreats with Orit Sen Gupta, the founder of Vijnana Yoga. Eveline brings her newest insights back to the Fast Forward Course.
Cost: € 65, –
Registration: Contact Us – firstname.lastname@example.org
and pay in advance to account NL 23 INGB 0005 0930 76
Samana Yoga Center Amsterdam
*Replacing a missed lesson is unfortunately not possible.
(Check our terms and conditions about registration, payment and cancellation)
We work with small groups so there is more room for personal attention.
Next Fast Forward Course: Wednesday, September 2.